Visitation of Sam Ratulangi University Manado to Udayana University
Monday, April 11, 2022
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Udayana University welcome a visitation from FMIPA Sam Ratulangi University, which in preparation for The 3rd International Conference On Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Applications, Research, and Technology (ICON-SMART 2022) which was originally to be held hybridly at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, Kuta, Bali & Zoom on 3 - 4 June 2022.
This event attended by
- Dean of FMIPA UNSRAT - Prof. Dr. Benny Pinontoan, M.Sc.,
- Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and Cooperation -Ir. Feky Recky Mantiri, M.Sc., Ph.D.,
- Deputy Dean for General Affairs and Finance - Dr. Gerald H. Tamuntuan, S.Si, M.Sc.
- Chairman of the Smart Icon Committee - Susan Marlein Mambu, SP., M.Sc., PhD
- Icon Smart Accommodation committee - Defny Wewengkang, S.Pi,. M.Sc., PhD,
Meanwhile, from FMIPA Udayana University, present
- Dean of FMIPA - Dra. Ni Luh Watiniasih, M.Sc, Ph.d,
- Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs and Planning - Dr. Drs. G.K Gandhiadi, M.T
- Deputy Dean for General Affairs and Finance - Dr. Drs. I Made Sukadana, M.Si,
- Head of Administration - Ir Ni Made Arini
- Head of Cooperation Unit - Dra. Luh Putu Eswaryanti Kusuma Yuni, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Head of Data and Information Management Unit - Agus Muliantara, S.Kom, M.Kom
- Head of the Education and Cooperation Sub-section - Luh Putu Martiningsih, S.T
- Head of Sub-Section General and Finance - I Gusti Ayu Agung Made Widiasih, S.Sos
- Head of Student and Alumni sub-section -Ni Luh Darmawati, S.E
As well as the ICON-SMART FMIPA Udayana University committee:
- Co Chair - Dr. Ngurah Agus Sanjaya ER, S. Kom., M. Kom,
- Deputy Secretary - I Made Saka Wijaya, S.Si., M.Sc
- Publicity - I Putu Tedy Indrayana, S.Pd., M.Sc
- Ceremony and Documentation - Dewa Ayu Swastini, SF., MFarm, Apt.
- Information Technology - I Gusti Ngurah Anom Cahyadi Putra, S.T., M.Cs.
Dean of FMIPA Unsrat, Prof. Benny said that the purpose of this visitation was to explore developments in the form of deeper MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) and PKS (Perjanjian Kerajasama) cooperation to accommodate MBKM because the existing MOUs since 2020 have not accommodated MBKM in its implementation. In addition, the purpose of this visit is to coordinate between the ICON-SMART Committee of Unsrat and the ICON-SMART Committee of FMIPA Unud and design the location and equipment at the next venue. Moreover Prof. Benny said that in addition to holding international seminars, the ICON-SMART series will also hold a meeting of the MIPA-Net Association - National Cooperation Network of Higher Education Institutions for Mathematics and Natural Sciences and the "Arduino-based Experiments in Research" workshop by Prince of Songkla University Thailand. As we know ICON-SMART is an annual event that provides a platform for researchers, academics, professionals, educators, and industry to share and generate interest in the latest research, applications, education, and technology in related fields. a collaboration between Prince of Songkla University, Yokohama National University, Sam Ratulangi University Manado, Cendrawasih Jayapura University, Udayana University, Ganesha University of Education, Mataram University, State University of Malang, Satya Wacana Christian University Salatiga, and Gorontalo State University with the theme "Mathematical Physics and Biotechnology for Education, Energy Efficiency, and the Marine Industry" so by this conference we hope we can share the lates technology and knowledge among the participants.
Dean of FMIPA Unud, Dra. Ni Luh Watiniasih, M.Sc, Ph.D welcomed the ICON-SMART activity. Unsrat is one of the big universities in Manado which has many things that can be developed together. Of course FMIPA Unud as the oldest universities in Bali certainly welcomes any form of significant collaboration that can support IKU (Indikator Kinerja Utama) Unud. Watiniasih also said that the last MOU between UNUD and UNSRAT was signed in early 2020, but the MOU has not accommodated MBKM activities. Therefore, changes to the MOU to accommodate MBKM need to be implemented immediately but through the applicable mechanism. Watiniasih hopes the MOU that has been initiated for a long time will also be able to accommodate the improvement of the competence of Education Personnel between universities, such as the exchange of lecturers and apprentices in order to improve the quality of output or students.
After equalizing perception and discussions, the event ended with visitation at the conference location by the team from Unsrat and Unud.