The Chair of UP2M (Unit Penelitian dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat) FMIPA Universitas Udayana
Prof. Ir. Komang Dharmawan,M.MATH,Ph.D.
The Research and Community Service Unit (UPPM) of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is one of the Functional Units under the Dean of FMIPA UNUD which is coordinated by a Unit Head. The mission of UPPM FIMPA Unud is to carry out the mission of FMIPA Unud in the field of research and service, namely:
- Develop research and community service in the field of quality basic sciences.
- Increase research cooperation in the field of basic sciences at the national and international levels.
This unit is an extension of LPPM Unud in the faculty in the management of research and community service with the main tasks and functions are:
- Prepare plans, programs, and budgets for research and community service (P2M).
- Manage the implementation of pure and applied science research.
- Managing the implementation of community service.
- Coordinate the implementation of research activities and community service.
- Implementation of cooperation in the field of research and community service.
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of research activities and community service.
- Carry out research administration affairs and community service.
In implementing the research agenda in the FMIPA environment whose funding comes from FMIPA PNBP, this unit generally seeks to synergize its research schemes according to the research scheme offered through SIMLITABMAS Ristekdikti and research schemes at Udayana University. In order to encourage the implementation of excellent research in Faculties and Study Programs, UPPM FMIPA facilitates research schemes based on faculty excellence and excellent research for study programs which also facilitates the implementation of research roadmaps for faculties and study programs.
The compilation of various research results and community service that is encouraged through appropriate technology-based programs from the results of research and development of basic sciences is the embryo of downstreaming the results of lecturers' research. As the output of research and community service activities carried out by FMIPA researchers/lecturers, publications in various reputable international journals, accredited national journals, seminars and scientific proceedings, intellectual property rights (IPR), and patents have been produced. In the future, all P2M program implementations will be driven to be output-oriented so that research management contributes to the welfare of the community.