TASKS LEARNING DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE UNIT (UP3M)
In accordance with the Higher Education Quality Assurance System (SPM Dikti), the spirit or core of internal quality assurance is PPEPP (Standard setting, Standard implementation, Standard implementation evaluation, Standard implementation control, and Standard improvement). If all of this is implemented consistently and continuously, a quality culture will be built which will be the basis for assessment by external parties in the External Quality Assurance System (SPME). If the quality culture is well established, the study program or institution will be better prepared to apply for accreditation by any accreditation agency, both national and international.
To achieve this goal, up to the level of Study Programs and faculties, the Faculty Quality Assurance Unit (UPMF) was developed into the Learning Development and Quality Assurance Unit (UP3M). This unit is located in each faculty and postgraduate, which is under the command line of the Dean/Director of Postgraduate and the line of coordination with LP3M.
Although in a coordinating relationship, UP3M's role is as an extension of LP3M in terms of implementing tasks related to learning and quality assurance at the faculty/postgraduate level. Broadly speaking, the main task of UP3M is to assist the Dean in planning, implementing, evaluating, and controlling matters related to learning and quality assurance at the faculty/postgraduate level. In carrying out its duties, UP3M is assisted by all TPPM personnel from all study programs in the faculties/postgraduates and/or personnel assigned to it.
- Provide input in the formulation of faculty/postgraduate strategic plans regarding opportunities and challenges related to learning development and quality assurance.
- Monitor, complete, and perfect quality documents at the faculty level in accordance with the Unud SPMI Policy and Unud Standards.
- Carry out monev at the faculty level for fields that are the task of the faculty level and coordinate the implementation of monev by study programs to ensure that all learning activities have been carried out in accordance with what is stated in the SPMI Policy, Unud Standards, faculty standards and study program standards.
- Mapping the accreditation status and ranking of all study programs as the basis for the next steps (first accreditation, national reaccreditation, or international accreditation/reaccreditation).
- Facilitate the implementation of periodical curriculum reviews by Study Programs to anticipate and respond to any developments in the higher education environment.
- Facilitating the improvement of quality documents at the Study Program level.
- Helping leaders monitor data in PD. Dikti to always be in line with the latest conditions for the sake of accreditation.
- Facilitate training programs to improve the competence of lecturers and staff related to learning development and quality assurance.
- Assist in the preparation of the Self Evaluation Report (LED) on a regular basis, both for the purpose of evaluating the learning process and for the completeness of accreditation documents.
- Facilitate the implementation of stakeholder satisfaction surveys in all study programs (including tracer studies) and the preparation of reports as input for self-evaluation.
- Coordinate the implementation of Field Assessment (AL) activities for study program accreditation.
- Facilitate the implementation of AMI by LP3M.
- In certain situations, for internal purposes or preparation for accreditation, LP3M proposes to the Dean that an Internal Quality Audit be conducted.
- Facilitating the implementation of RTM at the faculty level.
- Provide input to the Dean for learning improvement and quality assurance based on the results of reviews by assessors during the study program accreditation process (if possible, it can be integrated into RTM based on AMI results).
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for new study programs (if any).
- Through the Dean, send 1 (one) copy of the annual and monev activity report to LP3M (as a copy).
Someone assigned as UP3M is expected to have an understanding related to learning development and quality assurance (for example, having attended training such as SPMI, SPME, P2KPT, AMI) so that they have the following abilities.
- Understand any regulations related to learning and quality assurance.
- Able to coordinate with LP3M to maintain the alignment of the implementation of learning development activities and quality assurance in the faculty with policies at the university level.
- Understand the mechanism of SPMI and SPME.
- Understand the mechanism of curriculum preparation/revision.
- Understand about learning innovation (ICT-based).
- Understanding of accreditation instruments so as to be able to compile and review study program accreditation documents before submitting them to LP3M.
- Understand about Internal Quality Audit so as to be able as an internal quality auditor.